Thursday, November 20, 2014

Book About Our Family's One-Room School House Teachers

I'm compiling a book about the one-room school teachers in my family...my grandmother, my mother, my mother's two cousins and possibly others as I research.  We're a family of teachers, it seems, with my sister and me continuing this trend.  My sister's daughter also is a teacher.

My daughter and granddaughter don't teach in the classroom, but one does tutoring and the other teaches quiltmaking and designing.

My sister has encouraged me to research our teaching heritage and I've found photos, notes my mother wrote, as well as a play she wrote for her students to perform.

Are there teachers in your family?  Write their stories for your family members to add to their heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment